Learning Django - 1

I'll be writing a series of posts as I continue my journey to learning django from scratch (note, I already know to some extent and use django but I felt like I had a gap somewhere in the middle). So, this is the first post of the a series of posts I'm going to write about django as I continue my journey learning it!

First, what is Django anyway? Django is a web (application) development framework for the Python programming language. It's available at https://www.djangoproject.com
As of writing this, the latest available version is 1.11.3 which I'll be using over the course of my learning path. Some of the prominent features of django include security right from the start, scalability (Instagram runs on Django, although there are other technologies in their stack for managing different parts of the whole infrastructure), built in ORM for database access, built in template system, etc. Django's philosophy towards development is the MVC (Model View Controller) pattern as described here in detail: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.11/faq/general/#django-appears-to-be-a-mvc-framework-but-you-call-the-controller-the-view-and-the-view-the-template-how-come-you-don-t-use-the-standard-names

That's all for the first post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Power function

In C/C++ (and also other languages), we have the built in power function to raise a number to a given power. What if we need to calculate ...